Followers

Friday 11 October 2013

Flip a coin!

We have to do this every single day, every single minute and every single second of our life: make a decision.There are easy decisions and there are tough decisions and then there are nerve wrecking, and mind boggling decisions. And it is the third kind of decisions, when every logic goes for a toss, when all the questions are going in a Brownian motion inside our minds: Could I, would I, do I, if I, should I.

A straight head makes life simpler, yet possessing one is not so simple.
I have been plagued for a long time with so many decisions when all my senses are involved in a civil war with each other. When my heart says something and my mind completely annihilates my "logical" reasoning. When questions are plenty and answers are hopelessly scarce.

Fortunately and unfortunately, we are not rational beings. Our decisions are guided by our minds, environment, and inferred and implied meanings of life in general. So how do we take that one important decision that might change the course of living, that eventually may go wrong but in that moment it was the best decision we took, or that one decision that was so unique and unusual that people guffawed at our methods but we just came through all the hurdles shining brightly and beautifully.

So in these cases, I will suggest you one extremely simplistic approach which I adopted recently: To quote Matthew Francis-Landau:

"When you have to make a hard decision, flip a coin. 

Woah! wait! I am not asking you to surrender yourself to the realms and bounds of fate and destiny.

But then Why? Because when that coin is in the air, you suddenly know what you're hoping for....."

1 comment: