Followers

Friday 12 August 2011

LET IT GO......



Hey! So hope all of you are preparing to enjoy the upcoming holidays and getting ready to binge on all the sweets (and add a few kilos to your waistline. *evil laugh*) 

So coming back to the point, just ask yourself a simple question "Do you hold grudges?". If the answer is biased in the favor of yes, then it is time to retrospect. If you don;t know how.. then you can try by asking yourself a series of questions like 'Has it done you any good', ' Has it spoiled your mental peace', 'Do you get angry whenever you think about that person' (Note- I am talking about a personal grudge here and not with an animal or some non-living thing, which you just can't help it- e.g if a dog bites you in your childhood and you end up hating dogs... story of my life :-l )

But as a proud ' Never a grudge holder', take it from me a grudge DOES YOU NO GOOD!
It is not only harmful to your mental peace, but it keeps you in the clutches of anger and noxious thoughts. The anger can even make you do regrettable things. So do you really want to carry that much negative energy with you? I don't!!


I have two solutions which always help me out... And they are extremely effective ( That's a personal guarantee :) )

Sometimes you just cannot forget what others have done to you. In serious crimes, the victim obviously has every right to feel all the anger and rabid thoughts swirling in his/her mind. But I do have a better solution - POSING INDIFFERENCE!

There are some situations in life when you feel helpless, you cannot retaliate back to the perpetrator and you have to accept the things as they are. And that is why being indifferent helps! It is called the state of emotionlessness, to the point that you detach yourself from the situation, person - whatever helps. It is not easy, but needs practice and it helps you not to think about anything related to that person, go on with your life in a peaceful way, helps you in finding your own happiness and being a positive person.

The second solution is what you may have heard many times, and hope you do apply it all the time- FORGIVENESS!
I reserve this only for a few- people for whom I care, and  I know in my heart that the mistake wasn't done intentionally. It was probably just the circumstances. And that the other person genuinely cares about me and is really sorry and repentant. I do the best thing you can do- I FORGIVE. Period.

In life, sometimes strangely you can also move on from the first option to the second if the person has/had a value in your life... And you try to be a little understanding of his/her reasons for his/her actions. I have put my faith in someone recently because of that strong connection with the person. And I am hoping for a happy journey.

Hence it's no good to hold a grudge with a person whom you love. And it's only harmful for you to hold a grudge with a person for whom you don't care! Finally,  I would say just one thing 'Let it go...'. It makes you happy and exuberant and most of all LIBERATED! :) 


P.S - And before I forget here is my free advice on Rakshabandhan - * For Girls* - It's YOUR day, don't go easy on your brother's pocket ;)
*For Boys*- Come on! Have a big heart, Give your sweet sister all the gifts you can afford :D And if anybody doesn't have a sister to shower the gifts, feel free to contact me :p

P.P.S- You can listen to this beautiful song (Do pay attention to the lyrics) from Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobara- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXYH1L79hk&feature=related while reading the post :)

14 comments:

  1. interesting thoughts ... :) i dont hold any grudge till now.. but kabi aise hua to teri hi expert guidance lungi.. :)
    by d way..apni grudge story to bata de na mujhe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous- Thanks :)
    n name plz..Hope u r a follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and also I don't hold any grudges! :P
    bt give me ur name and I will tell u whn I had to use one of my solutions recently ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope the 2nd solution works out for someone... and I think I got ur intention to write this... i hope it helps....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two solutions that you have suggested needs more than practice.

    The first thing that you mentioned, posing indifference to the person; it can only happen if the other person stops coming in front of you again and again.

    Doing second thing is not feasible for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, the solutions you have given have really worked for me in the past.....n also i agree on the fact that holding a grudge would affect you n not the other person....

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anshi- Well, agreed that u can be indifferent easily if the other person stops coming in front of you, but still it all depends on how much has the person gone through because of someone else and then when the line is breached practice isnt required its spontaneuos and reflex action!
    And the second thing shud be reserved for a few people.. as it can't be universal. We all cannot be Mother Teresa after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Varun- Great! Good to hear that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully said... although I always follow this these after the water reaches the brim...I realized this just now!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! I have had a lot of practice wid both of ur solutions :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Aayushee- Cool! :) They definitely work for me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its true! Totally agree! Does you no good! I forgive but sometimes when I'm angry at the person for some other thing again, I'm reminded of those certain past incidents all over again...guess I dont forgive completely and absolutely then? And need more practice with it...

    And after watching the movie thrice..what else could be the title of your post? lol :P

    and the song...i just LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm.. I guess that can happens sometime when u r angry, but yaa, forgiveness means letting the past go..
    N lol :p I luvvdd the mvie :) It is totally watchable 3 times (Just u can spend 1 time watchng only Farhan-his expressions, acting ;) :D
    :)

    ReplyDelete